Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
02/24/24 at 09:28:15

Please take a minute and fill out our Utah visitors survey.  Click here

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
#70 Picture Rock & Crystal Mine (Marysvale) (Read 279 times)
ATVDude

Ride on!

Utah
#70 Picture Rock & Crystal Mine (Marysvale)
10/16/03 at 10:34:57

The ride is 30 miles in length and begins on trail 02, intersects with 24 and then left on 22. It leaves the trail 22 to the left, on an old mining road and up a draw, and through a pinion flat, then left to the area we call the crystal mine, there are quartz crystals on the ground every where, they are of cloudy quality, but interesting none the less. Returning back to trail 22 the ride travels past the base of iron Mtn, where we will wait for the daring and adventurous to traverse the many switchbacks up Iron Mtn and back down. (This portion of the trail is only for the advanced riders among us, who want to vent some of their need for adventure) do not attempt this portion unless you are advanced riders. The ride will turn right off trail 22 and go east to the open pit mining operation of a sandstone formation called picture rock. From here the ride will go south east through an area we call the Maze, where there are roads going off in all directions, due to mining exploration during the uranium days. We will travel past many old uranium-mining operations, and back to Marysvale. This is an area not many riders have discovered on their own, or know about, but provides a lot of riding opportunity especially in early spring or late fall when the weather is inclement in the higher country. This ride is rated for "Intermediate" riders.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print