Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
03/01/24 at 22:28:31

Please take a minute and fill out our Utah visitors survey.  Click here

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Marysvale or BUST - *DOING THE RIDE* (Read 2777 times)
ATVUtah
Administrator

ATVUtah Webmaster

YaBB Admin Land
Marysvale or BUST - *DOING THE RIDE*
04/23/06 at 22:33:13

Nyrocs Forums website has a pretty active Suzuki section I became interested in. Lots of very good technical information there as well.  I'm on a LOT of forums LOL So some times I forget to pass along all I see.

We have had a busy thread going over there where we have organized a bit of a mini jamboree of King Quad riders to come to Marysvale and ride in August.  I keep forgetting to post about it here. It will start on Monday August 14th and conclude Friday night August 18th.  I think it started as a King Quad only sort of thing but I'm seeing other quads in the mix now and who cares what ya ride... come on over and RIDE!

It was organized by a guy from Bend Oregon and he's gotten Lizzie and Charlies new owners to help put on what looks to be a great week of stuff. I have help answer people questions about Utah and the Paiute Trails for them.

See the discussion at Multimedia file viewing and clickable links are available for registered members only!!  You need to Login or Register!!

The threads about 500+ messages so be sure to go take a pee break first and set aside plenty of time to read it.

There is a $50 charge to help cover some of the food and extras they will have on top of your cost of staying at the RV park but from what it looks like they have planned it's going to be an awesome week.

This is quoted from a recent posting.

Quote:
Here is the schedule for the week we are in Marysvale and it starts on Sunday evening with our first meet and greet no host social get together and winding-up with the farewell party on Friday night.

Please take a moment and look over the entire schedule for the week and what all it includes.

It is my opinion, for all we are receiving there is a great value provided by the new owners of the park and everything that is included will only enhance our weeks worth of riding enjoyment.

Trail rides
o 2 rides different trail rides each day
o switch groups to other trail each day
o Half day ladies ride

Meals
o Dutch oven on Friday night
o Pizza night provided by the "Hoot Holler" restaurant and Deli on Wednesday
o 2 Continental breakfasts

ATV Poker run on Friday
o Prizes awarded at Friday night dinner

Use of the pavilion for all gatherings

Special "Group" rates
o $20 a night per RV space regardless of time there

Embedded photographer to document trip
o Different trail ride each day, different group each day
o Group shots back at camp and on the trail
o Each attendee gets a CD with pictures

o $50 per person, Gift bag/Welcome packet on arrival punch card for entry to events
National Graphic Trail Illustrated maps for everyone (a $10 value)
Commemorative Paiute ATV trail sticker (a $5 value)
Special Key Fobs
Discount cards 10% off at the local ATV shop in Richfield.

Here is the "time" frame of events and when they will happen......

8/12 - Saturday - Arrival
8/13 - Sunday - Arrival, with evening "meet and greet" Social time-get together

8/14 - Monday
o Continental breakfast
o Trail rides

8/15 - Tuesday
o Trail rides
o Archaeologist guest speaker - evening (very interesting and informative person)

8/16 - Wednesday
o Trail rides (including special half day ladies only ride)
o Pizza night

8/17 - Thursday
o Continental breakfast
o Trail rides
o Bulldog ATV rack presentation - evening

8/18 - Friday
o ATV poker run trail ride
o Dutch Oven Dinner (Poker run prizes at dinner)

8/19 - Saturday free time to ride or leave for home
8/20 - Sunday free time to ride or leave for home

Well there you have it guys!

Now its up to everyone to make the decision (are they going to or not going too) attend the ride and most importantly "MAKE THEIR RESERVATION" so they will have their accommodations available in August.

To all you fence sitters now is the hour that YOU must decide are you coming or not?
Will you be there or not?

Have fun, ride safe, keepem wheels down, and see you at the Jamborees,
The ATVUtah.com Forums Team.
Multimedia file viewing and clickable links are available for registered members only!!  You need to Login or Register!!
WWW   IP Logged
oleranger
God Member

Have wheeler????
Let's ride!!!!

Paiute ATV Trail USA
Re: Marysvale or BUST - *DOING THE RIDE*
Reply #1 - 04/24/06 at 17:14:41

And of course this is a permitted event with the US Forest Service.... right?

Ye Ole Ranger

IP Logged
ATVUtah
Administrator

ATVUtah Webmaster

YaBB Admin Land
Reply #2 - 04/24/06 at 20:25:50

oleranger wrote on 04/24/06 at 17:14:41:
And of course this is a permitted event with the US Forest Service.... right?

Ye Ole Ranger

Heck if I know. I'm only answering their questions about the trails and where are good places to ride.

This is just a group of people who have meet online via a few chat forums getting together to do some trail riding.
It's no different then the normal groups of friends that stay at Lizzie and Charlies every year.

Since they are gathering informally on private property, not charging for the rides, and not riding in groups of more than 10 on a ride is a permit even required?  No one wants to ride in large train lines of riders so they will be splitting up into smaller groups of less than 10 and heading out in different directions each day. Cool part is you can change groups and ride different places and with different friends each day.

Yes one guy has tried to organize some sort of list of things to do but it's not any kind of formal Jamboree or event. They used the term mini jamboree loosely because people associate that with fun times. It is NOT a Formal Jamboree.  As I said it's just a bunch of friends getting together to ride however anyone who wants to join in is welcome. The more the merrier. It started out as a bunch of King Quad owners only but that went poof when friends with other makes of quads wanted to come play Smiley

I should also correct my earlier post and say the $50 is paid to Lizzie and Charlie's RV Park in addition to the discounted RV Park accommodation fees is to help pay for the extra food, a Paiute Trail map and activities they will all share and enjoy at a gathering in the RV Park Pavilion, again nothing to do with the trail rides nor is it any form of a registration fee to attend. If people don't want to be in on the breakfasts or dinners or other activities or even stay in the RV park they can still ride and it doesn't cost a dime.

Perhaps you should ask Milo and Mike at Lizzie and Charlies, but I didn't know an RV park had to have a permit to hold a few dinners and a party.  Or to help their guests find places to go ride ATV's on the Greatest Trails On Earth Cheesy

Multimedia file viewing and clickable links are available for registered members only!!  You need to Login or Register!!
WWW   IP Logged
Big_Daddio

On a Quest to ride
the ultimate trail

Lake Havasu City, AZ
Reply #3 - 04/28/06 at 17:21:31

This ride sounds like a lot of fun. And I've bever been up there in August, so that is a positive also. And after reading & writing stuff on this here forum, maybe this trip would be a good chance to put a face with the forum names. And being a KQ owner myself, couldn't hurt.
So I will start looking for a partner to go with me so I can ride with the rest of you.
I guess I'm "Doing The Ride".  Grin

2006 Suzuki King Quad 700
2004 Suzuki Vinson 500, both in Camo
2003 Ford F-250
  IP Logged
ATVUtah
Administrator

ATVUtah Webmaster

YaBB Admin Land
Reply #4 - 05/01/06 at 21:20:55

Big_Daddio wrote on 04/28/06 at 17:21:31:
This ride sounds like a lot of fun. And I've bever been up there in August, so that is a positive also. And after reading & writing stuff on this here forum, maybe this trip would be a good chance to put a face with the forum names. And being a KQ owner myself, couldn't hurt.
So I will start looking for a partner to go with me so I can ride with the rest of you.
I guess I'm "Doing The Ride". Grin

Be sure and get your reservation in at Lizzie and Charlies if you plan to stay there. Tell Mike your with Ian's or Sandrock's group and let Sandrock over on the Nyroc forum know your coming. Multimedia file viewing and clickable links are available for registered members only!!  You need to Login or Register!!
; ;show=1

WWW   IP Logged
oleranger
God Member

Have wheeler????
Let's ride!!!!

Paiute ATV Trail USA
Reply #5 - 05/02/06 at 09:35:41

When I see that fees are being charged for participants it start's looking a lot like a poker run or some other event on public lands for which a permit is required.   My comment was just a word of caution to make sure your careful with the wording and what is offered on forest or BLM administered lands.  Administrators have no latitude when it comes to fees.  If someone is charging fees to hold an event on public lands it requires a permit.  If you are charging folks to participate in a guided ride, a permit is needed.  If you are giving away prizes or awards for riding on public lands, a permit is required.  If you are selling poker cards to raise money for charity, a permit is required.  Sometimes there is a fine line.  All I was saying.... be careful how you word and advertise such undertakings...

Wink  Ye Ole Ranger

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print