Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
08/20/19 at 07:05:05

Please take a minute and fill out our Utah visitors survey.  Click here

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Powering HC-96 from ATV Battery (Read 24384 times)
Pa Pa Jack
Aristocrat
Sponsoring Member

As long as the shiny
side is up, it's a
good day.

Hodges, South Carolina
Re: Powering HC-96 from ATV Battery
Reply #100 - 03/20/07 at 07:25:59

There is little chance that Pa Pa Jack will ever launch his being into the air from a cliff with nothing more than left over tent poles and cheese cloth. I leave things of that ilk to the mighty GG and company. I may try to drive my polaris down the cliff and back up, but that is a different story.

The great mechanical contraption is nothing more than an amalgam of Ram Mount parts. The next step is to use shock absorbers to take the shakiness out of the system. The type of shocks that R/C guys use on the larger R/C controlled dune buggies and trucks.

I have one idea though that I will probably keep to myself until I unveil the final creation. A hint though,        Smileythink hula-hoop.

I must report however that the first attempt at being wireless has led to dire conclusion. It seems that I may have inadvertentlly wired somehting wrong and fried one transmiter and a regulator. I do not know how the mic and helmet cam faired as I have not had time to test them. Not done, but disappointed. I have ordered a 12v transmitter to continue the effort.

Does anyone know how hot a regulator can get? The answer is "Pretty Danged Hot"  Rolling on floor laughing Rolling on floor laughing

Sporstman 800EFI - His
Grizzly 700 FI - Hers
  IP Logged
GrizzlyGuy
Former Member

Reply #101 - 03/20/07 at 08:45:02

Hey, don't put that tent pole and cheese cloth label on me, Pa Pa Jack. I'm quasi-sane. You must have me confused with vintagemxr and his fellow legends of hang gliding who used to aviate via bamboo poles, plastic sheet and duct tape.  Grin

You know, those contraptions that looked like this:

Multimedia file viewing and clickable links are available for registered members only!!  You need to Login or Register!!

Yeah, those regulators can get pretty hot. You know you're in trouble when the epoxy starts bubbling and you can no longer read the white numbers printed on there. Have you considered mounting a halon fire extinguisher to the top of your helmet?  Grin

I just sent those transmitter guys an E-mail and asked if they could send me some example documentation for one of the transmitters. I sure hope they're not leaving you with eeny-meany-miney-moe to figure out which wire does what.  Rolling on floor laughing

OK, I'm back to staring at RAM Mount diagrams to see if I can figure out how you amalgamated yourself such a nifty arm, and what the heck a hula hoop might have to do with all this. You're not thinking of surrounding yourself with a loop and running a wireless camera around that loop are you?  For a 360 view of the Pa Pa in charge of that Polaris? Cause if you're not thinking of that... then I am now.  Cool

P.S. - Here is a construction tip that you probably already know about and did. But just in case: when you run wires into your project box, you might want to tie a knot in them. That way, if the wire gets yanked on, the knot slams up against your box instead of delicate wires from the transmitter getting yanked on.

IP Logged
Vulcan
Former Member

Sun Shine State
Reply #102 - 03/20/07 at 11:07:41

Try mounting the camera in a bowl of Jello that should take up the bumps  Rolling on floor laughing
Yea the arms I have are just like that holding a helmet cam hope it works out have not tested it yet but soon and the arms will also hole the helmet cam low to the ground so that sould look like GG boot cam with out the snow  Grin just sand and mud.

Hay GG you can keep the bamboo plactic flying machine that puppy is going to fall out of the sky like a rock hope he has his helmet cam running I want to see the crash  Shocked

IP Logged
GrizzlyGuy
Former Member

Reply #103 - 03/20/07 at 12:45:45

Vulcan wrote on 03/20/07 at 11:07:41:
Yea the arms I have are just like that holding a helmet cam hope it works out have not tested it yet but soon and the arms will also hole the helmet cam low to the ground so that sould look like GG boot cam with out the snow  Grin just sand and mud.

Dog gone it, all of these great video minds on here are starting to think alike.  Smiley

I concluded two things from my silly boot cam experiment:

1) WOW did that boot cam work, or what? It is way-cool to have it down low because it really gives you a sense of speed. The heck with the homered helmet-cam (pointing down too far again  Smiley).   Of course my boot isn't vibrating/shaking like a quad does. And if the thing is wireless thanks to Pa Pa Jack, much easier to move it into new positions.

2) WOW is it good to have two angles of the same event happening or what? I mean pretend you are about to roll over a boulder. You could cut between what you see and what a cam mounted up on front sees from its perspective. That could make for some super-interesting video. In the silly ski video I posted, I was just trying to show a few cases of that (like when going over the whoop-ti-do bumps and I cut from one cam to the other).

I was just about to order some RAM Mount stuff, so if any of you mechanical experts has a parts list for building the ultimate "low cam arm", I'm all ears.  Smiley

IP Logged
RedGrizz
Olympian
Super Sponsor
Big Ride 7
Big Ride

Oregon ATV Advisory
Committee,  OAS
Master Inst.

BEND OREGON
Reply #104 - 03/20/07 at 13:30:10

GrizzlyGuy

How about this for a new camera angle????? Shocked
Multimedia file viewing and clickable links are available for registered members only!!  You need to Multimedia file viewing and clickable links are available for registered members only!!  You need to Login or Register!!
or Multimedia file viewing and clickable links are available for registered members only!!  You need to Login or Register!!
!!

IP Logged
Vulcan
Former Member

Sun Shine State
Reply #105 - 03/20/07 at 15:28:39

GG I just got some of the 12 inch long ram mount arms with the 1 inch ball and they have a twin male part that holds the ball part with a wing style holder to tighten the arms and I got some 6 inch along with some 2 inch arms. They also have the twin balls arm that can extend from the start of the clamp mount. I'm using a small mounting plate with a 1 inch ball on the other end with the velcro from helmet cam to hold the camera on the plate. You can adjust the arms all over the place from either front or read rack. I just hope it works over the bumps and humps  Rolling on floor laughing

You will need to adjust the helmet cam so the picture is at the correct angle Smiley I just love all the new toys and can't wait to start a few test runs. All the new stuff is killing me trying to learn so much is a short time just the new 60CSx is hard for a old dog like myself  help me

I got the dummie book for Gary but that is like a huge ton of reading. I thought if it was for dummies it should have a lot of BIG pictures and BIG fonts with only 10 pages but nope  Shocked

I also got the new software 100k from gpscity just hope I can deal with all this stuff or junk  Exclaim

IP Logged
Pa Pa Jack
Aristocrat
Sponsoring Member

As long as the shiny
side is up, it's a
good day.

Hodges, South Carolina
Reply #106 - 03/20/07 at 15:34:11

GrizzlyGuy wrote on 03/20/07 at 08:45:02:
OK, I'm back to staring at RAM Mount diagrams to see if I can figure out how you amalgamated yourself such a nifty arm, and what the heck a hula hoop might have to do with all this. You're not thinking of surrounding yourself with a loop and running a wireless camera around that loop are you? For a 360 view of the Pa Pa in charge of that Polaris? Cause if you're not thinking of that... then I am now. Cool

Ok, here's a picture of almost everything you need.
Multimedia file viewing and clickable links are available for registered members only!!  You need to Login or Register!!

I did say almost everything didn't I? Rolling on floor laughing

Sporstman 800EFI - His
Grizzly 700 FI - Hers
  IP Logged
Vulcan
Former Member

Sun Shine State
Reply #107 - 03/20/07 at 16:02:16

Pa Pa Jack that looks what I have only I have 4 times that much stuff  Rolling on floor laughing
I got 4 of the 12 inch arms hehe and tons of the other arms so I could build a arm to what angle & lenght I wanted. I just use that good tape on the cord to the helmet cam that is velcroed to the top plate Smiley

Still need to install a bowl of jello for the bumps I bet the camera is going to wiggle all over the place Smiley

IP Logged
Pa Pa Jack
Aristocrat
Sponsoring Member

As long as the shiny
side is up, it's a
good day.

Hodges, South Carolina
Reply #108 - 03/20/07 at 16:50:28

That is what is still in the house. I have a lot more on the bike already. I have been using Ram Mounts for years for a lot of other purposes. It just took a while to remember them and use them on the bike. We use the 1.5 and 2 inch mounts on the job to hold all kinds of monitors and work stations.

If you are worried about vibration, check out the shock absorbers they use on R/C trucks. they work. Takes a little Yankee engineering though.

Sporstman 800EFI - His
Grizzly 700 FI - Hers
  IP Logged
GrizzlyGuy
Former Member

Reply #109 - 03/20/07 at 19:07:48

Oh man, you guys collectively crack me up!  Rolling on floor laughing  Rolling on floor laughing

First RG comes in with the ladder angle.

Then Vulcan explains how the effectiveness of his mount is based on jello and lots of tape.

Then Pa Pa Jack dumps his Ram Mount grab-bag on the floor and takes a picture.

And Vulcan's arm seems to depend on similar parts, plus copius amounts of jello and tape, as opposed to Pa Pa Jack's R/C truck shock absorbers.

Holy Toledo, what's a poor ole electro/software geek gonna do?   Grin

But no kidding, it really did help to see that picture, Pa Pa Jack. Now I can see that you are just doing with RAM mounts what we used to do with Bogen mount parts for our in-air hang gliding shots back in the Hi-8 days. That picture I put up of the old Bogen mount was just a bunch of those pieces tossed together like tinker toys until it looked about right. So I guess I can do that with the RAM mount parts.

And RG's ladder angle... I think I told you guys about my Buddipole, right? A collapsible, self-supporting 16' mast. See here:

Ignore that useless antenna thingy on top of the mast. Think helmet cam up on top instead.

Here is Budd holding the mast with it all folded up:

And here is Budd with it in the bag (the bag for the longer mast shown above is a little longer).

Might make for some interesting shots, no? And if not, I can always slap the antenna on top, whip out my Icom 706, and drown my Sony sorrows with a ham over in Japan...  Grin

IP Logged
Pa Pa Jack
Aristocrat
Sponsoring Member

As long as the shiny
side is up, it's a
good day.

Hodges, South Carolina
Reply #110 - 03/20/07 at 23:16:10

My tests ,so far, show me that the image stabilization system on the 96.s works very well to take out all but the worst vibrations on a quad. It is not as reliable when the camera is stuck out on the end of an articulated arm. That is why I use the 96 a lot of times instead of the helmet cams.

I like the Buddy Pole, but I thought that was a roost for GG when he needed to dry his cheese cloth in the wind.   Rolling on floor laughing

I put a new LM7805 regulator on the 5v transmitter and got no voltage indication through it.  I think it is officially flambeed.

I will be leaving for PA tomorrow night. It is up to RG to keep GG and Vulcan occupied with nonsensical drivel until I return. I do not want to find that they have resorted to intelligent conversation in my absence. Grin

Sporstman 800EFI - His
Grizzly 700 FI - Hers
  IP Logged
Vulcan
Former Member

Sun Shine State
Reply #111 - 03/21/07 at 05:39:42

Intelligent what is that ????

New food ?
New dog name ?

Heck I can't even spell
Did you watch that show am i smarter then a 5 grader well I was on that last week and lost all the first grade questions Cry

I got to dummie award last year here in leesburg and they are shipping me out to a town for stupid people called Chuluota
Rednech Florida Cracker Heaven help me

Hey GG sniff glue it will keep you from coming apart Rolling on floor laughing Rolling on floor laughing
I hate a cracked Up Grizzly Grin

Hey guys forget the jello it melted and now I have a mess to clean up Rolling on floor laughing

IP Logged
GrizzlyGuy
Former Member

Reply #112 - 03/21/07 at 09:37:50

Pa Pa Jack wrote on 03/20/07 at 23:16:10:
I like the Buddy Pole, but I thought that was a roost for GG when he needed to dry his cheese cloth in the wind.   Rolling on floor laughing  

Rolling on floor laughing   Rolling on floor laughing  Oh man, stop, I don't want to pee my pants again.  Rolling on floor laughing

Sorry to hear about your transmitter not sucking any juice, but that is grrreat news about your image stabilization tests. Heck, I thought the whole image stabilization system would be disengaged when you plug in a helmet cam. But now it makes sense as to why my boot cam footage looked way better than I expected. You see, my ski was chattering quite a bit on the iced-up run as I first headed down to get my lift ticket. But the chattering wasn't showing up in the video! So maybe a wee bit of the stabilization works even with a helmet cam engaged  Smiley  Questioning

RedMan didn't seem to think the rack-mounted cams worked too well with all the vibration, but he was using an old Sony cam that probably didn't have image stabilization. So we might be able to get some outstanding footage thanks to the clever Japanese geeks who built the stabilization into the 96's. Even if we have to mount the whole 96 to the rack when riding smoother stuff, like in my Riding the Open Roads video. Yeeeee-hawwww!  Smiley

Ya'll have fun in PA, Pa Pa Jack. If you have a sledge hammer handy, see if you can put another crack in the Liberty Bell for me, would you?  Cheesy

So Vulcan and RG, what kind of nonsensical drivel should we get started with? We could always talk about what our wives say to us, no?  Grin  help me  help me

IP Logged
RedGrizz
Olympian
Super Sponsor
Big Ride 7
Big Ride

Oregon ATV Advisory
Committee,  OAS
Master Inst.

BEND OREGON
Reply #113 - 03/21/07 at 09:55:42

GEEEEZE GrizzlyGuy   did you hear JJs comments about last months credit card bill or something?

I need a way to convert cash into a credit card Rolling on floor laughing
  No paper trail .........UH Oh now im in for it.
No more prime rib roast.......or tacos for a while Cry

Hey Vulcan
Does jello taste good with hamburger??????  If so which flavor is best?

IP Logged
Vulcan
Former Member

Sun Shine State
Reply #114 - 03/21/07 at 10:05:41

Well we could start a thread about how fast a raptor will go with one crazy nut on it Hum..............
O how long can RG ride on the rear 2 wheels before crashing  Undecided Well that is not good we don't want to see RG get hurt.

Well I could post some pictures of the land and I can show you how nice it looks after we got the HUGE pin out of the yard  Roll Eyes

Hey GG have you ever tryed to record on the HC using the chip ???
I have a USB 100 gig HD that needs no power The HD is all ram style memory and if I could hook that up to the HC-96 the video would never see tape Hum............ I have a chip reader recorder USB that you can read or write on 52 styles of chips from mini to duo even the micro It even has a slot for x box and PSP chips hehe

I need to check into that I bet it can be done that way no more tapes are needed just use the 100 gig HD and it is small the one I have.
What ya think ?????????????????????????????

Have a safe trip Pa Pa Jack to PA and after cracking the bell don't let the part that falls off hit you it will put a hige mark on you that will not wash off  Smiley

IP Logged
ATVUtah
Administrator

ATVUtah Webmaster

YaBB Admin Land
Reply #115 - 03/21/07 at 10:06:28

OK I'm confused... yea I know... tell us sumtin new  Rolling on floor laughing

Pa Pa Jack did you say the image stabilization worked with the video coming in from the helmet cam? or were you meaning you used the HC-96 by it's self with it's own lens and camera sensor?

If it can stabilize the video coming from the helmet cam I may just have to invest in one Wink

Have fun, ride safe, keepem wheels down, and see you at the Jamborees,
The ATVUtah.com Forums Team.
WWW   IP Logged
Pa Pa Jack
Aristocrat
Sponsoring Member

As long as the shiny
side is up, it's a
good day.

Hodges, South Carolina
Reply #116 - 03/21/07 at 16:33:16

The image stabilization seems to work to some extent thru the helmetcam. I was told it would not but I tested it against my old trv67. I mounted the 67 on the bike and put the helmet cam on top of it. the pictures from the helmet cam were far better than the pictures from the trv67 as far as vibration was concerned. Now, I do a lot of filming with the 96 mounted on the racks as well, and that is even better.

Let the drivel begin. I'm leavin.

If you don't behave, ahlbebak. Rolling on floor laughing Rolling on floor laughing

Or name it after GG.

Sporstman 800EFI - His
Grizzly 700 FI - Hers
  IP Logged
ATVUtah
Administrator

ATVUtah Webmaster

YaBB Admin Land
Reply #117 - 03/21/07 at 16:52:52

Check out this camera mount.

Other than the price is scary I wonder how well it would work on the quad to show how steep a hill is getting or how sidling a trail is as you ride along.

Quote:
The counterbalanced model with hydraulic dampening is the ideal camera mount for all conditions! The hydraulic dampener will handle heavy air and waves without swinging out of control... makes for exciting video!

Have fun, ride safe, keepem wheels down, and see you at the Jamborees,
The ATVUtah.com Forums Team.
WWW   IP Logged
RedGrizz
Olympian
Super Sponsor
Big Ride 7
Big Ride

Oregon ATV Advisory
Committee,  OAS
Master Inst.

BEND OREGON
Reply #118 - 03/21/07 at 17:06:28

Man that looks good.

Did they say 500.00??? Shocked Shocked Shocked Smiley
Ill just dream for now.

IP Logged
Pa Pa Jack
Aristocrat
Sponsoring Member

As long as the shiny
side is up, it's a
good day.

Hodges, South Carolina
Reply #119 - 03/21/07 at 17:11:33

One of us needs to get one and test it.

I vote for GG.

Rolling on floor laughing Rolling on floor laughing Rolling on floor laughing

Don't forget to write a review.  Cheesy

Sporstman 800EFI - His
Grizzly 700 FI - Hers
  IP Logged
Vulcan
Former Member

Sun Shine State
Reply #120 - 03/21/07 at 17:36:07

Thanks for the link FA that is the ticket for the quads Yea  Smiley

I bet that will be the best for what we are trying to do will take care of the 60 mph winds and hold on for the high jumps Hum.........

I got that on my wish list. I will get one after I get done with this Utah land deal Smiley got to have one see what it can handle.

IP Logged
GrizzlyGuy
Former Member

Reply #121 - 03/21/07 at 21:00:35

Vulcan wrote on 03/21/07 at 10:05:41:
Hey GG have you ever tryed to record on the HC using the chip ???

Yup. Once. Accidentally. I flipped the power switch to the wrong mode, started recording, and was shocked with what came out. Itty-bitty MPEG-4 video. Looked like I took it over a cell phone camera or something. Of course it might be possible to do it on purpose with the proper settings and get something decent.  Questioning

Forum Admin wrote on 03/21/07 at 16:52:52:
Check out this camera mount.

Dohhhhh!! Youre a day late and a dollar short, FA. OK, let me rephrase. You posted that after I just ordered a whole mess of RAM Mount parts this afternoon thanks to Pa Pa Jacks grab-bag picture, and I spent a heck of a lot of MY dollars on that order.  Grin

Oh well, I did find a new source for RAM Mount stuff. Their prices were better than GPSCity.com and they have a big selection:

Pa Pa Jack wrote on 03/21/07 at 17:11:33:
One of us needs to get one and test it.

I vote for GG.

Hold that thought, Pa Pa Jack. I just got clearance from the wife to get a 2007 Grizzly after she saw that blue-book on my 2003 wasnt half bad.  Smiley  But a $500 camera mount? Yikes! All I can say is Ill try my best.  I'm drooling over that thing already. Comes complete with the R/C truck shocks, right?.  Cheesy

Now would you get the heck out of here? Were trying to carry on with unintelligent drivel until you get back and can fry us up a transmitter or two.  Grin

IP Logged
Pa Pa Jack
Aristocrat
Sponsoring Member

As long as the shiny
side is up, it's a
good day.

Hodges, South Carolina
Reply #122 - 03/29/07 at 19:41:35

I hate this game. I am stumped. I put the entire package together and all I get is a gray screen and a hissing sound. I have the correct voltages everywhere. I need GG's geek lab.

And a four year engineering degree. And a brain. And my wife's other credit cards. Rolling on floor laughing

Sporstman 800EFI - His
Grizzly 700 FI - Hers
  IP Logged
GrizzlyGuy
Former Member

Reply #123 - 03/29/07 at 20:12:11

Pa Pa Jack,

Unfortunately, I made a career change from hardware-geekism to software-geekism back in '95-ish. So my current geek lab is nothing to covet, not  much here that would help pinpoint the problem. But I did send you some things to check via PM.  Smiley

Back in my harware-geekism days, we had tons of these, and it would really help you find the problem (if you have a few bucks to spare):

Notice that the price hasn't been updated since 1994, so it may cost a bit more today. But if your wife's other credit cards are loose... Rolling on floor laughing

IP Logged
Pa Pa Jack
Aristocrat
Sponsoring Member

As long as the shiny
side is up, it's a
good day.

Hodges, South Carolina
Reply #124 - 03/29/07 at 21:34:32

Just my luck, the one I want is out of stock. Oh well, I'll jsut have to rely on yankee ingenuity, whatever the hll that is.

Sporstman 800EFI - His
Grizzly 700 FI - Hers
  IP Logged
Vulcan
Former Member

Sun Shine State
Reply #125 - 03/29/07 at 21:37:48

Hey Pa Pa Jack keep testing your way burn up 20 HC-96 cameras get mad break a few with a hammer what ever but don't click on GG link please stay away from that link it will kill you trust me on this one  Rolling on floor laughing

When i saw the well here is what they are saying

Estimated Retail Price:$54,179.00

Now I could buy a new quad 20 cameras and tons of cool stuff and a new PC to edit the video. GG we all respect you and your wisdom is AWESOME but the price  help me help me help me I need a part time life and 34 jobs to pay for that bad boy  Rolling on floor laughing

IP Logged
Pa Pa Jack
Aristocrat
Sponsoring Member

As long as the shiny
side is up, it's a
good day.

Hodges, South Carolina
Reply #126 - 03/29/07 at 21:51:37

Hey Vulcan, it's only money. (my wife's)

GG has taken one too many spills on those slippery sticks of his. I think he needs a little RandR on the trail.

P.S. I think I burned up another transmitter although I can't figure out how. Another $98 down the drain.

Sporstman 800EFI - His
Grizzly 700 FI - Hers
  IP Logged
RedGrizz
Olympian
Super Sponsor
Big Ride 7
Big Ride

Oregon ATV Advisory
Committee,  OAS
Master Inst.

BEND OREGON
Reply #127 - 03/29/07 at 23:28:11

Pa
I thought there was no smoke  Sad Huh Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry

IP Logged
Vulcan
Former Member

Sun Shine State
Reply #128 - 03/30/07 at 05:07:11

Pa Pa Jack you do have a point with the new wave of people in the world I believe it is called the American Dream
Get 20 Credit cards charge them to the max then i think is was chapter 13 one files and then you start all over again  Rolling on floor laughing

I need to try that, work the system over till Uncle Sam just bleeds all over the place  Cool

Poor GG slapped one time to many in the head with the big sticks hehehehe funny hand rail LOL that good  Smiley

IP Logged
Pa Pa Jack
Aristocrat
Sponsoring Member

As long as the shiny
side is up, it's a
good day.

Hodges, South Carolina
Reply #129 - 03/30/07 at 10:47:22

I thought the American Dream was to get elected to Federal office. Shaft the people for eight years and retire with a massive pension while continuing to collect graft. Rolling on floor laughing

Let's see, I only have 14 more cards to max out and I am ready.

Wade, at FutureHobbies is sending me another transmitter. He said it should not have malfunctioned. Just more time to wait though. I am not a patient man. I want it yesterday.

Sporstman 800EFI - His
Grizzly 700 FI - Hers
  IP Logged
RedGrizz
Olympian
Super Sponsor
Big Ride 7
Big Ride

Oregon ATV Advisory
Committee,  OAS
Master Inst.

BEND OREGON
Reply #130 - 03/30/07 at 11:53:52

Ok Papajack Im just sittin here waitin Smiley for the final
product .......... Smiley

Im getting worried about those research and development fees though...Did you work for NASA? Rolling on floor laughing                              

IP Logged
Pa Pa Jack
Aristocrat
Sponsoring Member

As long as the shiny
side is up, it's a
good day.

Hodges, South Carolina
Reply #131 - 03/30/07 at 14:03:11

No, NASA didn't like my ideas. They said it would never fly.  Tongue

N   national
A   association
S   of stupid
A   amatuers

Sporstman 800EFI - His
Grizzly 700 FI - Hers
  IP Logged
RedGrizz
Olympian
Super Sponsor
Big Ride 7
Big Ride

Oregon ATV Advisory
Committee,  OAS
Master Inst.

BEND OREGON
Reply #132 - 03/30/07 at 15:21:20

LOL
OK Pa Ill stop worring about you now.  Undecided

IP Logged
RedGrizz
Olympian
Super Sponsor
Big Ride 7
Big Ride

Oregon ATV Advisory
Committee,  OAS
Master Inst.

BEND OREGON
Reply #133 - 04/08/07 at 21:48:11

Grizzlyguy and other Hc 96 owners I found this .

Looks good for doing stills? Cool pretty cheap too.

IP Logged
GrizzlyGuy
Former Member

Reply #134 - 04/09/07 at 10:02:50

Wow, now that's what I call a tripod! It's amazing that they can give you all the remote control features and have it still be so cheap. Something seems wrong(?). Hey I know, let's sucker Pa Pa Jack into buying one and giving us a field report!  Grin

Can't remember if I posted this before, but I bought one of these Gitzo Monotreks several years ago for backpacking and it seems like just what I need for doing the RedGrizz-style pans:

It is basically a collapsible walking stick with a tripod head on top. You pop off the little cap and connect your camera. The screw fits the HC-96 and my wife's Panasonic. The ball is mini, but still operates smoothly and locks if you want to do that. So now it is going to live on the back of my rack along with the Sven Saw.

Then for cases where I want to setup the camera for a fixed, unattended shot I have one of these Gorrillapod SLR-Zoom models that I'm sure I told you all about before:

I just need to add one of these mini tripod heads to it for more flexibility:

IP Logged
Pa Pa Jack
Aristocrat
Sponsoring Member

As long as the shiny
side is up, it's a
good day.

Hodges, South Carolina
Reply #135 - 05/06/07 at 08:45:38

I do not know what happened. I am sorry for the inconvenience.  

Sporstman 800EFI - His
Grizzly 700 FI - Hers
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print