Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
08/19/19 at 20:03:54

Please take a minute and fill out our Utah visitors survey.  Click here

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Would you like to be the camera? (Read 643 times)
Pa Pa Jack
Aristocrat
Sponsoring Member

As long as the shiny
side is up, it's a
good day.

Hodges, South Carolina
Would you like to be the camera?
05/06/07 at 19:07:19

Multimedia file viewing and clickable links are available for registered members only!!  You need to Login or Register!!

Not very good compression.

Sporstman 800EFI - His
Grizzly 700 FI - Hers
  IP Logged
GrizzlyGuy
Former Member

Re: Would you like to be the camera?
Reply #1 - 05/07/07 at 09:27:28

My answer is no. I counted at least a half-dozen times when Mr. Camera got smacked in the face with limbs. And all that zoomed-in movement started to make me motion sick, so I can only imagine what he must have been going through. He probably tossed his video cookies a couple times on that ride.  Grin

Of course if the operator would take it a little easier on the poor lil camera it might be a different story. Sure did look like a neat trail to ride.  Smiley

IP Logged
Pa Pa Jack
Aristocrat
Sponsoring Member

As long as the shiny
side is up, it's a
good day.

Hodges, South Carolina
Reply #2 - 05/07/07 at 12:41:56

Thanks but I don't know about the zoomed in part. It was all filmed with the 96 sitting an a RAM mount fastened to the front rack. No zoom. It is not the way I intended the video to look until I started editing and saw all the movement. It looks a whole lot better on a full screen at full quality. Definitely will make you seasick..

Gotta find a better compressor for a lot of movement.

Sporstman 800EFI - His
Grizzly 700 FI - Hers
  IP Logged
GrizzlyGuy
Former Member

Reply #3 - 05/07/07 at 13:07:48

Ahhhh... I thought you might have been using the new/snazzy camera with its zoom enabled for effect. Wow, you risked your HC-96 out on the rack!? To all those limb whacks?  You're as fearless as Cat Lover's gang.  Smiley

It might just be me with the motion sickness, I get sick to the point of hurling when I play first-person shooter video games, like Medal of Honor. It took me 1 year to finish that game. I'd play for about 20 minutes, get sick, take a couple hours off, and repeat. But by golly, I successfully stopped the V3 launch in the final stage of the game to save NYC from sure obliteration.  Grin

Not sure what compression would do to help lots of motion. But Final Cut Studio v2 (the new one that we don't have) is supposed to have image stabilization and SmoothCam, whatever that is. See bottom-left here:

Multimedia file viewing and clickable links are available for registered members only!!  You need to Login or Register!!

IP Logged
Pa Pa Jack
Aristocrat
Sponsoring Member

As long as the shiny
side is up, it's a
good day.

Hodges, South Carolina
Reply #4 - 05/07/07 at 13:22:23

So, now we know who to blame for saving NYC. Angry

Sporstman 800EFI - His