Big Ride 7

Adversity or
Adventure?.....Is
attitude

South East Idaho
06 500 spec. ed.
07/22/09 at 18:44:52

4200 miles,new ball joints,$4000
Multimedia file viewing and clickable links are available for registered members only!!  You need to Multimedia file viewing and clickable links are available for registered members only!!  You need to Login or Register!!
or Multimedia file viewing and clickable links are available for registered members only!!  You need to Login or Register!!
!!

Polaris 570 RZR
If the women don't find me handsome, At least they will find me handy! Red Green
  IP Logged
mcgeed
Post Ho
Big Ride 7

I love ATVs!

Syracuse, Utah
Re: 06 500 spec. ed.
Reply #1 - 07/22/09 at 19:51:31

Has it still got plugs in the tires?

Rolling on floor laughing Rolling on floor laughing Rolling on floor laughing Rolling on floor laughing

--
Life should not be a journey to the grave
with the intention of arriving safely in
an attractive and well preserved body, but
rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used
up, totally worn out, and screaming
"Woo Hoo -- What A Ride!"
--
E-mail: mcgeed2001@gmail.com
WWW   IP Logged
lurch
God Member

I Love Utah! MUST
RIDE

Salt Lake City
Reply #2 - 07/22/09 at 21:44:51

I would consider that a PLUG Grin for Polaris. Rolling on floor laughing Rolling on floor laughing

2009 Polaris RZR black with goodies but still under 50" rule
2009 Honda Recon
2004 Honda Rancher 350ES 4X4
2012 RZR 800 Sunset red wife's with power steering and under 50"
  IP Logged
Freddy
Super Sponsor
Big Ride 7

Adversity or
Adventure?.....Is
attitude

South East Idaho
Reply #3 - 07/22/09 at 21:46:32

mcgeed wrote on 07/22/09 at 19:51:31:
Has it still got plugs in the tires?

Rolling on floor laughing Rolling on floor laughing Rolling on floor laughing Rolling on floor laughing

Why yes, it dose. And because some of them were yours I cut you a deal. Rolling on floor laughing

Polaris 570 RZR
If the women don't find me handsome, At least they will find me handy! Red Green
  IP Logged
quadforce
Post Ho
Sponsoring Member
Big Ride 7
PLEAA
Big Ride

I love ATVs!

Roy,Ut
Reply #4 - 07/23/09 at 07:06:36

I'd buy it for the BR but it would have to have a watermelon in the back .  Grin

Big Ride 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10
Yeah , I kinda like to ride .

Public Lands Equal Access Alliance
Dedicated to Responsible Outdoor Recreation and the Preservation and Expansion of Trail Access
  IP Logged
Freddy
Super Sponsor
Big Ride 7

Adversity or
Adventure?.....Is
attitude

South East Idaho
Reply #5 - 07/23/09 at 09:53:01

quadforce wrote on 07/23/09 at 07:06:36:
I'd buy it for the BR but it would have to have a watermelon in the back . Grin

A $4000.00 melon huh? That can be arranged Smiley

Polaris 570 RZR
  IP Logged
DirtQuad
Aristocrat

Always time to ride.

Farmington, UT
Reply #6 - 08/04/09 at 16:35:32

Freddy,

Tell me you're just looking at another new quad, and not giving up on riding.  Here I've been trying to heel most of the year just so I can ride with you great folks again, and now you're selling your machine.

What's up?

Bob

2016 Can Am Outlander Max XT 650
2010 Can Am Outlander XT 800
04 Chev Duramax Diesel Club
Yamaha V Star 1100 Classic
  IP Logged
Dick C
Former Member

I love ATVs!

The 9th State of the Union
Reply #7 - 08/04/09 at 20:12:48

Freddy wrote on 07/22/09 at 18:44:52:
4200 miles,new ball joints,$4000

Well here's what it looked like on Day One with 0 miles on it at that moment.  Rolling on floor laughing Rolling on floor laughing
Multimedia file viewing and clickable links are available for registered members only!!  You need to Multimedia file viewing and clickable links are available for registered members only!!  You need to Login or Register!!
or Multimedia file viewing and clickable links are available for registered members only!!  You need to Login or Register!!
!!

'07 & '10 Outlander 650XT's
  IP Logged
Freddy
Super Sponsor
Big Ride 7

Adversity or
Adventure?.....Is
attitude

South East Idaho
Reply #8 - 08/04/09 at 22:02:16

Bob I got a 550XP; pic posted
Thanks Dick, I need all the help I can get in selling it. Wink
Multimedia file viewing and clickable links are available for registered members only!!  You need to Login or Register!!

Polaris 570 RZR
  IP Logged
Ronnie
Aristocrat

I Love Utah!

Reply #9 - 08/05/09 at 12:19:19

Are those the Rotopax fuel cans or Kolpins and how did you mount them. One more question. Does the front box have enough room in it for you or is it kinda small.

Thanks
Ronnie

IP Logged
Freddy
Super Sponsor
Big Ride 7

Adversity or
Adventure?.....Is
attitude

South East Idaho
Reply #10 - 08/05/09 at 14:41:15

Ronnie wrote on 08/05/09 at 12:19:19:
Are those the Rotopax fuel cans or Kolpins and how did you mount them. One more question. Does the front box have enough room in it for you or is it kinda small.

Thanks
Ronnie

Well actualy Ronnie, I can't get the lid shut when I try to climb inside. So I would say it is small. Rolling on floor laughing Or I could just be honest and say "I am a fat old man"! Sorry I could not resist teasing because of the way your question is written. Rolling on floor laughing
Koplins,mounted with the L brackets that come with. I used flat head bolts to the rack. After counter sinking the holes in the brackets. So not to wear holes in the bottom of the box.Then I placed flat bar near the front of the box(underneath) to stablize the differance in hight from the L brackets. then I places a couple more washers to the lock and ride latch to extend the rubber that expands on the lock. Doing this I had to make longer threaded rods on the locks.
The boxes on the newer machines is thinner and lighter. So they make pockest,ridges ect for support. Sad thus you have a non uniform bottom and sides. Sad
But with all my complaining about it. I have a 5 ton jack,small fold up saw,tire plug kit,( Doug will give me a ata boy) first aid kit,fold up shovel,manual tire pump,tire gauge,el tire pump,el. tester,hand cleaner,sun screen,some micl. straps and a roll of TP. Notice I saved the most important item for last. Grin I allso lined the lid with upolstry padding to keep all those items from jumping all aroud having fun partying eating water melon while I ride.
So to answer your question, yea there is alot of room. Even for water melon. sliced that is. Rolling on floor laughing Oh I forgot ,there are drain push in plugs in the lowest places. this helps keep the TP dry when the zip lock baggie is not firmy zipped when doing the Paria river run. Wink
I am not trying to be a smart A$$. Just bored and I like detail.(sorta)
Happy trails,
Freddy carrying flag

Polaris 570 RZR
  IP Logged
DirtQuad
Aristocrat

Always time to ride.

Farmington, UT
Reply #11 - 08/05/09 at 15:40:37

Freddy,

It's good to hear you're just swappin' machines.  I understand that XP is pretty nice.  Good for you!

I'm still mad at Koplin for selling the cheap "quick release" brackets that you could just slide your gas can onto using the L shaped bracket.  That quick release released my can somewhere on the Highline trail without telling me it was going to do so. Angry Undecided    I contacted Koplin folks several times, but never got a response.  Poor customer service in my book.  

Anyway, glad you're just upgrading rather than quitting.

Bob

2016 Can Am Outlander Max XT 650
2010 Can Am Outlander XT 800
04 Chev Duramax Diesel Club
Yamaha V Star 1100 Classic
  IP Logged
Ronnie
Aristocrat

I Love Utah!

Reply #12 - 08/06/09 at 08:54:03

I should have seen that one coming. The reply back was great and I got a good laugh.

Lets see if I can word this one right. I see you have the front cargo box also. Does it hold as much supplies as the older cargo box?

Ronnie

IP Logged
Freddy
Super Sponsor
Big Ride 7

Adversity or
Adventure?.....Is
attitude

South East Idaho
Reply #13 - 08/06/09 at 13:59:26

Ronnie wrote on 08/06/09 at 08:54:03:
I should have seen that one coming. The reply back was great and I got a good laugh.

Lets see if I can word this one right. I see you have the front cargo box also. Does it hold as much supplies as the older cargo box?

Ronnie

Yes and more. But you still have to work around all the unevenness Polaris made. By making the most room possible.
Wink

Polaris 570 RZR
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print