Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
02/22/24 at 22:43:59

Please take a minute and fill out our Utah visitors survey.  Click here

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
UTV newbe needs advice on an old subject (Read 706 times)
BuddaBelly
Newbies

I Love Utah/I love
Polaris

UTV newbe needs advice on an old subject
10/29/11 at 11:20:58

help me
My son & I just purchased a new Polaris RZR-S from Tri-City and are anxious to get on the Piaute. We are not new to ATV riding and have a couple of 1993 Polaris Trail Boss ATV's but back then the Piaute didn't exist or not as developed that it is today.

At any rate we got all the maps and are trying to decide where to start from SLC. There seems to be alot of activity in Marysvale but that's a far piece from home.

We would really like to hear from the people here about where they jump on the trail and where they stay (RV parks, motels, B & B, ??).

Another question we have concerns our 60" track. How much of a problem are we going to have on the Piaute?

Thanks for any help, Jim

IP Logged
Gerry Roach

I Love Utah!

Boring Oregon
Re: UTV newbe needs advice on an old subject
Reply #1 - 10/30/11 at 13:24:16

This year Nat Geo came out with a completely new map of the Piaute and I believe Fish Lake trail system as some of the trails were renumbered AND now showing which trails are 50 inch and which are not. Much new information and IMO well worth the money. Gary, one of the administrators of this website can line you up with one. Send him a PM and I'm sure you'll get yours in a few weeks, Gerry
ps thought you'd like to know it takes guts to be fat. I have the guts to prove it

gt
  IP Logged
BuddaBelly
Newbies

I Love Utah/I love
Polaris

Re: UTV newbe needs advice on an old subject
Reply #2 - 11/03/11 at 11:20:54

I agree, the Natl Geo map is really good & worth the money.  I bought it.  I would also like to get the Gooseberry ATV map but everyone seems sold out.  Anybody know where I can get one?

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print