Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
03/01/24 at 23:57:26

Please take a minute and fill out our Utah visitors survey.  Click here

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
thumbsaver throttle extensions (Read 1224 times)
Steven Hawkins

I Love Utah!

West Jordan UT.
thumbsaver throttle extensions
05/06/13 at 21:14:34

As some of you know, my wife was involved in an ATV accident at the Kanab Fun Run. while I am not going to blame the thumbsaver  throttle  for the accident I do believe it had some part in the severity of it. The way it sticks out makes it hard to release the throttle. When a rider gets in a bad situation and tightens their grip on the handlebars ,you have a tendency to give it full throttle. I had two machines with these on them and have since removed them. I would advise caution if you are thinking of putting one of these on your machine, or if you already have one.

IP Logged
Collin
Aristocrat

British Columbia, Canada
Re: thumbsaver throttle extensions
Reply #1 - 06/09/13 at 19:35:13

Tried one out for a while.  Have to agree with your comments.  I took mine off and threw it in a box of some other good ideas gone South...

WE are born wet, naked and hungry...then things get worse.
Alberta, Canada
Grizzly 700 EPS
Dodge Cummins
  IP Logged
Amused2deth
God Member

Local Smart Ass

Roy, Utah
Reply #2 - 06/23/13 at 10:59:22

Mine came with one. I can see where Steven is coming from but I have only had a problem with it once or twice. I still like it and use it though.

IP Logged
lang

So many trails, so
little time.

Cedar City, UT
Reply #3 - 02/14/14 at 10:37:43

I previously had a thumb saver on my Kingquad. The thing that worried me most is hitting it with my leg. For instance when going up a steep hill, I tend to stand up and lean over the handlebars, which puts my thigh right on the throttle. Full throttle is not what you want when your front wheels are already bobbing off the ground because of the steep angle. Another situation I encountered was from riding double. To let the passenger onto the back of the seat, I stand up and lean forward so they can step onto the footboard and swing their leg over. But when I lean forward, once again my thigh mashes the throttle! I took it off and will never put one on again.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print