Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
02/23/24 at 19:00:37

Please take a minute and fill out our Utah visitors survey.  Click here

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 13
Send Topic Print
What did you do to your OHV today? (Read 9208 times)
kick start
Post Ho

I Love Utah!

utah
Re: What did you do to your OHV today?
Reply #100 - 06/06/16 at 17:29:05

The Sgroii is the way I will go if my actuators ever fail.  It's a great system. Never heard of any complaints.

Let the good times roll.......
  IP Logged
kick start
Post Ho

I Love Utah!

utah
Reply #101 - 06/07/16 at 20:45:11

Adjusted the valves and changed the oil.  Also gave her a bath. Smiley

IP Logged
BruteForce
Super Sponsor

Garfield County, Utah
Reply #102 - 06/08/16 at 07:41:12

Washed, full service to include greasing all the zerks and reinstalled the TigerTail (for those that invariably have had way too much to drink by 9am and require yanking out of ditches, etc).

I think I'm ready for Saturday's Tintic Elks Poker Run (Eureka).

Hello, my name is: Jim

2020 Jeep Gladiator
-Falcon Shocks
-2" Lift, 37" Tires/Wheels
-Electronic rock sliders
2023 Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 (HO/EPS/Jet Black)
WWW   IP Logged
kick start
Post Ho

I Love Utah!

utah
Reply #103 - 06/08/16 at 13:35:25

BruteForce wrote on 06/08/16 at 07:41:12:
l (for those that invariably have had way too much to drink by 9am and require yanking out of ditches, etc).

Tintic Elks Poker Run (Eureka).

I hear that's a very real possibility at that ride.  Some of those folks will probably show up drunk. I'd do everybody a favor and just leave them stuck in the ditch.

IP Logged
BruteForce
Super Sponsor

Garfield County, Utah
Reply #104 - 06/08/16 at 16:44:20

kick start wrote on 06/08/16 at 13:35:25:
BruteForce wrote on 06/08/16 at 07:41:12:
l (for those that invariably have had way too much to drink by 9am and require yanking out of ditches, etc).

Tintic Elks Poker Run (Eureka).

I hear that's a very real possibility at that ride.  Some of those folks will probably show up drunk. I'd do everybody a favor and just leave them stuck in the ditch.

It's a fact, not a possibility. I've participated in the Poker Run for at least 5 years now and have seen many a pick-up truck tip-over or roll over and see ~25 cans of beer (empty) fall out.

2020 Jeep Gladiator
-Falcon Shocks
-Electronic rock sliders
WWW   IP Logged
kick start
Post Ho

I Love Utah!

utah
Reply #105 - 06/22/16 at 13:10:01

Checked my brake pads today. Figured it was time since I just rolled 9400 miles....

Manual says 1mm is minimum. I had 3 mm. Awesome! Wink
Multimedia file viewing and clickable links are available for registered members only!!  You need to Login or Register!!

IP Logged
Muddydogs

Ogden
Reply #106 - 07/04/16 at 07:42:04

Friday the spring spacers I ordered for $20 off Ebay showed up so after sighting in the muzzleloader at the range I commenced to removing the shocks and installing the spacers. The 2" spacers which are only about 1" tall did raise the ATV height by about 2" but I don't really think they did anything to stiffen up my suspension which is what I was really going for. I need some more seat time to get a better fill but I won't be half surprised if I'm taken them off in the next month or so and saving my pennies for a new set of shocks.

While I had the tires off I greased the 16 zirts, checked the brake pads and inspected the rubber boots.

IP Logged
kick start
Post Ho

I Love Utah!

utah
Reply #107 - 07/04/16 at 10:15:45

Muddydogs wrote on 07/04/16 at 07:42:04:
Friday the spring spacers I ordered for $20 off Ebay showed up so after sighting in the muzzleloader at the range I commenced to removing the shocks and installing the spacers. The 2" spacers which are only about 1" tall did raise the ATV height by about 2" but I don't really think they did anything to stiffen up my suspension which is what I was really going for. I need some more seat time to get a better fill but I won't be half surprised if I'm taken them off in the next month or so and saving my pennies for a new set of shocks.

While I had the tires off I greased the 16 zirts, checked the brake pads and inspected the rubber boots.

Have you heard of the heavy duty springs by EPI? Rockhound got some for his Outtie and he said they helped a lot.

IP Logged
BruteForce
Super Sponsor

Garfield County, Utah
Reply #108 - 07/04/16 at 18:06:44

kick start wrote on 07/04/16 at 10:15:45:
Have you heard of the heavy duty springs by EPI? Rockhound got some for his Outtie and he said they helped a lot.

I bought some for my Polaris and the end result was cracks in the frame welding joints. I'm not certain what happened, but the rear frame A-Arms were destroyed by the extra stiff springs. ATV rode like a tank too.

2020 Jeep Gladiator
-Falcon Shocks
-Electronic rock sliders
WWW   IP Logged
kick start
Post Ho

I Love Utah!

utah
Reply #109 - 07/04/16 at 20:23:08

BruteForce wrote on 07/04/16 at 18:06:44:
kick start wrote on 07/04/16 at 10:15:45:

I bought some for my Polaris and the end result was cracks in the frame welding joints. I'm not certain what happened, but the rear frame A-Arms were destroyed by the extra stiff springs. ATV rode like a tank too.

That's strange. Did you backoff the adjustment collars?

IP Logged
rockhound
Super Sponsor
Big Ride

I Love Utah!

Duchesne-South Jordan
Reply #110 - 07/05/16 at 05:29:05

I replaced the stock springs with EPI springs, the ones I ordered were 25
% stiffer than stock but same length as originals end result, a firmer ride
still adjustable. I also replaced the stock tires with 27 inch tall vipers and very happy with the ride. Brute, maybe they sent you the wrong springs?

IP Logged
BruteForce
Super Sponsor

Garfield County, Utah
Reply #111 - 07/05/16 at 05:38:27

rockhound wrote on 07/05/16 at 05:29:05:
I replaced the stock springs with EPI springs, the ones I ordered were 25
% stiffer than stock but �same length as originals end result, a firmer ride
still adjustable. I also replaced the stock tires with 27 inch tall vipers and very happy with the ride. Brute maybe they sent you the wrong springs?

It is possible that the rear set was the wrong size. I'm still running the EPI front springs and so far, no issue. The extra clearance, while I had it, was awesome -- it was just too bad the ATV had zero suspension and all the while, I was destroying the frame!  Shocked

I was just going for more height, but I think I'll go one tire size taller this go around.

2020 Jeep Gladiator
-Falcon Shocks
-Electronic rock sliders
WWW   IP Logged
Muddydogs

Ogden
Reply #112 - 07/05/16 at 07:22:37

Well I rode the quad to work today taking the same route I usually do and I'm thinking that the spacers did tighten up the suspension a little. The ATV is noticeable higher when setting on it so the ride feels different to begin with anyways. I'll give them some time before I make a final decision on what to do with them.

I do know I need to get rid of some tool weight out of my trunk box. I put together a metric tool set, added a few standard tools then proceeded to add a few more of this and a little of that. Well since I now have to park my ATV on the street while at work I decided to clean out my trunk box so there was nothing in it to steal. Yesterday I went to pick up the tool bag out of the box, well I think there has to be at least 30 pounds in that darn bag not to mention the other bag with some oil, antifreeze, and misc other stuff plus my shovel, ax and hammer. I probably have 50 or 60 pounds of stuff riding around in the trunk box, I have the tools to fix just about anything but no parts to replace anything broken. I need to rethink what I'm doing here.

IP Logged
BruteForce
Super Sponsor

Garfield County, Utah
Reply #113 - 07/05/16 at 08:22:03

Muddydogs wrote on 07/05/16 at 07:22:37:
Well I rode the quad to work today taking the same route I usually do and I'm thinking that the spacers did tighten up the suspension a little. The ATV is noticeable higher when setting on it so the ride feels different to begin with anyways. I'll give them some time before I make a final decision on what to do with them.

I do know I need to get rid of some tool weight out of my trunk box. I put together a metric tool set, added a few standard tools then proceeded to add a few more of this and a little of that. Well since I now have to park my ATV on the street while at work I decided to clean out my trunk box so there was nothing in it to steal. Yesterday I went to pick up the tool bag out of the box, well I think there has to be at least 30 pounds in that darn bag not to mention the other bag with some oil, antifreeze, and misc other stuff plus my shovel, ax and hammer. I probably have 50 or 60 pounds of stuff riding around in the trunk box, I have the tools to fix just about anything but no parts to replace anything broken. I need to rethink what I'm doing here.

I have the same exact issue. My tool bag is easily 30 pounds, but every time I've decided to take something out, that's when I needed it. I've yet to find a comprehensive and light weight set of tools that covers all the goofy bolts, etc. on this Polaris.

2020 Jeep Gladiator
-Falcon Shocks
-Electronic rock sliders
WWW   IP Logged
acleast
Sponsoring Member

Does it have a
motor??

Roy, Utah
Reply #114 - 07/05/16 at 15:29:58

Got a light bar installed on the Kodiak today. Big thanks to wildbill for helping me get it done. Looking forward to the night ride up Mantua tonight to see how it does.  The stock headlights look so pathetic next to the light bar.

If there is dirt somewhere....... I want to ride it....

2006 Cummins
2011 Suzuki 750 AXi 4X4
2000 Honda Rancher 350 2wd
2000 Yamaha Kodiak 400 4X4
1989 Yamaha Breeze
  IP Logged
ATVUtah
Administrator

ATVUtah Webmaster

YaBB Admin Land
Reply #115 - 07/05/16 at 17:43:21

remember our saying... no photos, it didn't happen  Wink

Have fun, ride safe, keepem wheels down, and see you at the Jamborees,
The ATVUtah.com Forums Team.
Multimedia file viewing and clickable links are available for registered members only!!  You need to Login or Register!!
WWW   IP Logged
Muddydogs

Ogden
Reply #116 - 07/31/16 at 08:01:36

Decided that I wanted to check my gearbox fluid level before hunting season as I hadn't checked it since I changed it last November. One would think that checking fluid levels would be easy right, not on the Cam Am. After I spent 30+ minutes removing side plastic and cussing while fighting the right footwell I was finally able to do the one minute job of removing the gearbox fill plug.
Last weekend I removed the left side plastics and footwell so I could get to one stinking bolt on the CVT cover so I could check my belt and remove the engine brake springs on the one way bearing.
All whining aside I got all the fluid levels checked, CVT cleaned and lubed and a little Pledge extra moisture rubbed around on the ATV. She shines like a new penny and is ready for hunting season.
I also picked up a 1997 Yamaha Badger for the grandkids that I have been working on this last week. Replaced the starter, rebuilt the carb, fixed some wiring, changed the fluids, installed front and rear lights and gave little red a good Pledge shine. It was fun working on the little Badger, easy to remove plastics and lots of room to work compared to the Can Am.

IP Logged
BruteForce
Super Sponsor

Garfield County, Utah
Reply #117 - 07/31/16 at 08:55:37

I had my machine serviced, clutch work and bearings done, then after riding ~24 miles down the mountain from 3Creeks Reservoir to Beaver (via PST05), promptly blew out my clutch bearing again!

Undecided

And, while my machine was under the knife and being eyeballed for any issues, it was promptly noted that Steadmans really did a hack job on the fuel tank/pump installation (like leaving the hose clamps disconnected from the fill neck to the tank!) and jacking up the last clutch job. #justsaynotoSteadmans  Angry

2020 Jeep Gladiator
-Falcon Shocks
-Electronic rock sliders
WWW   IP Logged
kick start
Post Ho

I Love Utah!

utah
Reply #118 - 07/31/16 at 11:57:55

Muddydogs wrote on 07/31/16 at 08:01:36:
Decided that I wanted to check my gearbox fluid level before hunting season as I hadn't checked it since I changed it last November. One would think that checking fluid levels would be easy right, not on the Cam Am. After I spent 30+ minutes removing side plastic and cussing while fighting the right footwell I was finally able to do the one minute job of removing the gearbox fill plug.
Last weekend I removed the left side plastics and footwell so I could get to one stinking bolt on the CVT cover so I could check my belt and remove the engine brake springs on the one way bearing.
All whining aside I got all the fluid levels checked, CVT cleaned and lubed and a little Pledge extra moisture rubbed around on the ATV. She shines like a new penny and is ready for hunting season.
I also picked up a 1997 Yamaha Badger for the grandkids that I have been working on this last week. Replaced the starter, rebuilt the carb, fixed some wiring, changed the fluids, installed front and rear lights and gave little red a good Pledge shine. It was fun working on the little Badger, easy to remove plastics and lots of room to work compared to the Can Am.

I hear ya. Seems like all the newer machines have to have plastic wrapped everywhere. Like its not cool anymore to see the engine or the drive system. Heck, I have a friend who owns a King Quad and he can't even check his oil without removing a body panel! Funny how the vogue things have a tendency to take priority over common sense.

IP Logged
kick start
Post Ho

I Love Utah!

utah
Reply #119 - 07/31/16 at 12:00:26

BruteForce wrote on 07/31/16 at 08:55:37:
I had my machine serviced, clutch work and bearings done, then after riding ~24 miles down the mountain from 3Creeks Reservoir to Beaver (via PST05), promptly blew out my clutch bearing again!

Undecided

And, while my machine was under the knife and being eyeballed for any issues, it was promptly noted that Steadmans really did a hack job on the fuel tank/pump installation (like leaving the hose clamps disconnected from the fill neck to the tank!) and jacking up the last clutch job. #justsaynotoSteadmans  Angry

That stinks Jim! I've never dealt with Steadmans, but from what you've experienced with them, I think I'm going to keep it that way!

IP Logged
utahcruiser
Aristocrat

I Love Utah!

Mapleton
Reply #120 - 07/31/16 at 14:51:04

I've gotten pretty good at removing the Can Am gen 2 footwells (5 minutes) but the right one is a bit tougher because it gets caught on the brake pedal.  What I haven't got good at is removing the rear valve cover to check valve clearance.
Make sure you include a T30 key in your onboard toolkit if you need to change the belt.  That and the jacking bolt I sent you should be all you need that's not included in the factory toolkit (and the belt).  That bolt is really 5mm hex but the T30 will turn it hard enough to open the clutch.  Sorry, forgot but a 10mm T handle driver or socket is helpful for getting the footwell bolt that goes thru the frame near the rear swaybar.  I replaced both of mine with a button head T30 to make it easier.
Don't throw away the springs or pawls from the one way clutch.  Guys are always losing them.  Also, keep an eye on your brake pads.  Even with engine braking, the factory ones don't last long and without it, 1,000 miles???

IP Logged
Muddydogs

Ogden
Reply #121 - 07/31/16 at 17:18:56

utahcruiser wrote on 07/31/16 at 14:51:04:

I've gotten pretty good at removing the Can Am gen 2 footwells (5 minutes) but the right one is a bit tougher because it gets caught on the brake pedal.  What I haven't got good at is removing the rear valve cover to check valve clearance.
Make sure you include a T30 key in your onboard toolkit if you need to change the belt.  That and the jacking bolt I sent you should be all you need that's not included in the factory toolkit (and the belt).  That bolt is really 5mm hex but the T30 will turn it hard enough to open the clutch.  Sorry, forgot but a 10mm T handle driver or socket is helpful for getting the footwell bolt that goes thru the frame near the rear swaybar.  I replaced both of mine with a button head T30 to make it easier.
Don't throw away the springs or pawls from the one way clutch.  Guys are always losing them.  Also, keep an eye on your brake pads.  Even with engine braking, the factory ones don't last long and without it, 1,000 miles???

I used the bolt you sent me to remove the belt. I was actually trying to remember who set it to me as the envelop must have gotten thrown away shortly after I received it. The bolt went into my tool kit the day it arrived. Thanks for the bolt.

My on board tool kit is fairly extensive since I use it for all repairs and keep adding anything I find I need. Eventually I'm going to have to stop adding tools or start adding weight to the front of the Can Am to keep the front wheels on the ground. I do want to find a long, 2 foot, 1/4 inch extension to quickly spin out the CVT cover bolts and a few other long winded bolts.

I definitely will hold onto the one way springs and cups, there like $50 to replace and I might want to put them back in someday.

IP Logged
utahcruiser
Aristocrat

I Love Utah!

Mapleton
Reply #122 - 07/31/16 at 17:41:23

Muddydogs wrote on 07/31/16 at 17:18:56:
I do want to find a long, 2 foot, 1/4 inch extension to quickly spin out the CVT cover bolts and a few other long winded bolts.

I've had good luck with two 6" extensions and they fit inside the factory spark plug wrench.

IP Logged
utahcruiser
Aristocrat

I Love Utah!

Mapleton
Reply #123 - 08/09/16 at 09:47:47

I hard wired my GPS using the existing factory plug that's under the console of the Gen 2 Can Am.

IP Logged
utahcruiser
Aristocrat

I Love Utah!

Mapleton
Reply #124 - 08/09/16 at 09:49:35

Here's a photo of the parts required to mate with the factory plug.

IP Logged
Muddydogs

Ogden
Reply #125 - 08/09/16 at 19:13:23

I wacked my plug off, soldered longer wires onto the existing wires then wired my hand warmers, horn, blinkers and front LED to the line. I left the under the seat plug intact as the cargo box light plugged into it but I spliced into the pos line to wire my backup LED's and alarm system. If I ever need to do something with the wiring under the pod I'm going to add a couple bus bars to make it easier to hook up and unhook wires, didn't realize I was going to add what I added or I would have done the bus bar when I wired up my first accessory.

IP Logged
utahcruiser
Aristocrat

I Love Utah!

Mapleton
Reply #126 - 08/19/16 at 11:01:27

This is more like what I've done today to my OHV that I Haven't got yet. I'm planning on upgrading my Outlander XT with a Max XT-P and keep my Garmin Montana in the same location. I've got it mounted to the center section of the wind deflectors now. The XT-P has tapered aluminum bars and real hand protectors but doesn't have a place anything in the center of the bars to mount the GPS. I got this mount from Enduro Engineering and some 12mm quadcopter clamps. I carefully drilled out the clamp to 1/2" and slightly enlarged the outer ends of the slots on the clamps to fit 6-32 screws, replacing the 8-32 screws that came with the Garmin mount. Now it shouldn't take me long to mount my GPS once I find the $$$ for the new machine. This would be a good solution for my motorcycle as well.

IP Logged
Frank B
Super Sponsor
Big Ride 7

The Pavement ends
here!

Lake Havasu City, Arizona
Reply #127 - 08/24/16 at 20:17:16

Be sure and post a picture of the XT-P when you get it.
What are the advantages in this new machine!

2014 Grizzly 700 EPS
2008 Grizzly 700 FI
AZ Street Legal
Licensed to Boogie!
  IP Logged
m74me
Aristocrat
Sponsoring Member
Big Ride 7
PLEAA
Big Ride

I Love Utah!

Hyrum, Utah
Reply #128 - 08/30/16 at 16:40:31

Last Thursday I went for a ride that turned over 10,000 miles on my 2011 AC 700 TRV. Still seems to be doing ok.
Multimedia file viewing and clickable links are available for registered members only!!  You need to Multimedia file viewing and clickable links are available for registered members only!!  You need to Login or Register!!
or Multimedia file viewing and clickable links are available for registered members only!!  You need to Login or Register!!
!!

IP Logged
kick start
Post Ho

I Love Utah!

utah
Reply #129 - 08/30/16 at 22:34:35

m74me wrote on 08/30/16 at 16:40:31:
Last Thursday I went for a ride that turned over 10,000 miles on my 2011 AC 700 TRV.  Still seems to be doing ok.

Congrats m74me! What have you had to do to the machine ( other than routine maintenance) in those 10,000 miles?

I was getting ready to flip my odometer to 10,000 miles this week until I discovered my intake valves are shot! I don't dare run the next 100 miles to get to the ten grand.
Can't complain though....the only things I've had to fix on it in all those miles was a $25 rear tail light socket that burned out due to a pinched brake sensor wire, and a $5 fuse box harness. Now I get to add a $1000 top end job to the list! Grin. I figure while I'm in there, elbow deep in grease and oil doing replacing the valves, I might as well freshen up the engine with some new chains, seats, springs, rings, and pistons. Smiley

IP Logged
Frank B
Super Sponsor
Big Ride 7

The Pavement ends
here!

Lake Havasu City, Arizona
Reply #130 - 09/01/16 at 15:20:12

I had 14,700 miles on my 08 Grizzly and then purchased a new 2014 Grizzly.  I get to start all over again!  

I washed it yesterday.

2014 Grizzly 700 EPS
2008 Grizzly 700 FI
AZ Street Legal
Licensed to Boogie!
  IP Logged
Upson Downs
Aristocrat

Sandy, UT
Reply #131 - 09/02/16 at 09:27:42

Washed our machines and lubricated the zerk fittings on my wife's 2012 Sportsman 550 Touring and my 2013 Sportsman 850 Touring with marine grease after riding 265 miles last week around Panguitch.

2013 Polaris 850 Touring
2012 Polaris 550 Touring
2006 Sportsman 500 HO

IP Logged
kick start
Post Ho

I Love Utah!

utah
Reply #132 - 09/20/16 at 23:08:06

Got my Kawie all put back together tonight. New stainless steel Kibblewhite valves, seals, Namura pistons and rings, bored cylinders, and mild exhaust porting. Unfortunately, my stage 2 cams are on backorder so I had to put my old ones back in for now.
Timing chains were good, as were the valve seats, and rod bearings. Amazing for 10,000 miles! Good oil is worth it!
Now for break in.....

IP Logged
Flipper
Super Sponsor

I love to ride!

Allegan, Mi
Reply #133 - 09/21/16 at 06:51:36

Moved the infamous voltage regulator on my 2015 RZR.  As some you may know, Polaris decided the best place for this would be at the bottom in front of the rear wheel.  BRILLIANT.  Morons.  I bolted mine on the plastic oil check cover between the seats.  If it goes out, like it has before, should be a 5 min fix.  Yes I carry a spare now.

IP Logged
kick start
Post Ho

I Love Utah!

utah
Reply #134 - 09/23/16 at 16:30:47

Got four hours of break in done.  Three more tomorrow, three more Sunday, and then I can change the oil. Cheesy

IP Logged
kick start
Post Ho

I Love Utah!

utah
Reply #135 - 10/01/16 at 21:57:45

Got ten hours on it, changed the oil, got ten more hours on it today and hit a milestone......10,000 miles! Cool Unfortunately, I went three miles farther before I realized it!

IP Logged
Flipper
Super Sponsor

I love to ride!

Allegan, Mi
Reply #136 - 10/30/16 at 15:00:28

Just got back from my last ride of the season.   Went to West Virginia on my annual fall trip there.  Had to play in the mud like a hog in slop.  So this weekend was the end of season maintenance weekend.   All set for next year.  And I can honestly say I'm going to say a thank you prayer tonight that I didn't have to adjust the valves on the RZR.   What a nightmare of a job that is.

IP Logged
BruteForce
Super Sponsor

Garfield County, Utah
Reply #137 - 10/31/16 at 06:11:11

Decided to keep the PoPo, rather than buying a new Kawi:

Getting the following done (right now):

-Full maint.
-Full clutch work (with a goal of reducing the engine braking)
-Valve adjustments (~6500 miles)
-Frame reinforced with 4130 Chromoly gussets
-Elka Stage 4 Shocks
-27x9 R14 Sedona Rip Saw tires (x4)

*This should give me at least one more year of riding the Polaris before I buy another machine. Likely by this time next year, I'll again explore new machine options.

2020 Jeep Gladiator
-Falcon Shocks
-Electronic rock sliders
WWW   IP Logged
Flipper
Super Sponsor

I love to ride!

Allegan, Mi
Reply #138 - 10/31/16 at 08:02:57

BruteForce wrote on 10/31/16 at 06:11:11:
Decided to keep the PoPo, rather than buying a new Kawi:

Getting the following done (right now):

-Full maint.
-Full clutch work (with a goal of reducing the engine braking)
-Valve adjustments (~6500 miles)
-Frame reinforced with 4130 Chromoly gussets
-Elka Stage 4 Shocks
-27x9 R14 Sedona Rip Saw tires (x4)

*This should give me at least one more year of riding the Polaris before I buy another machine. Likely by this time next year, I'll again explore new machine options.

Have you run Rip Saws in the past?  Looking for some new shoes before next year.  Wondering if there is anything better than Big Horns for Utah riding.

IP Logged
BruteForce
Super Sponsor

Garfield County, Utah
Reply #139 - 10/31/16 at 08:25:25

Flipper wrote on 10/31/16 at 08:02:57:
Have you run Rip Saws in the past?  Looking for some new shoes before next year.  Wondering if there is anything better than Big Horns for Utah riding.

I have not, but 6 ply is what I was looking for. The Maxxis Vipr's I've been running have been durable (no sidewall punctures) and I've gotten decent mileage out of them. I'm going with Rip Saws for the 6ply and the solid lug for more "bite".

2020 Jeep Gladiator
-Falcon Shocks
-Electronic rock sliders
WWW   IP Logged
seniorem
Sponsoring Member

I Love Utah!

Brenda Arizona
Reply #140 - 10/31/16 at 13:35:02

Jim I had ripsaws on my 2013 Polaris Ranger and I thought they were twice as good as bighorns, just my opinion.  Go to Rocky Mountain and check out the tusk tires that is what I am putting on my can am before my next trip to Utah.  They are also called the Terrabite Radial Tire

IP Logged
acleast
Sponsoring Member

Does it have a
motor??

Roy, Utah
Reply #141 - 10/31/16 at 19:19:49

I changed the oil on the Kodiak on Friday, got rid of the Valvoline ATV oil I had been using for a while and replaced it with Maxima Premium 4 oil that has a better report card.  
I ran the machine up above Fish Haven Idaho on Saturday, had a ball in the muddy riding conditions with all of the rain up there lately.
Then.... I spent $14.00 at the car wash getting all of the mud of my machine...

If there is dirt somewhere....... I want to ride it....

2006 Cummins
2011 Suzuki 750 AXi 4X4
2000 Honda Rancher 350 2wd
2000 Yamaha Kodiak 400 4X4
1989 Yamaha Breeze
  IP Logged
BruteForce
Super Sponsor

Garfield County, Utah
Reply #142 - 11/04/16 at 12:58:28

I just bought a Sgroi Innovations Sure-4 4WD modification for my Kawasaki. Good bye weak and constantly failing electronic actuator!!

2020 Jeep Gladiator
-Falcon Shocks
-Electronic rock sliders
WWW   IP Logged
kick start
Post Ho

I Love Utah!

utah
Reply #143 - 11/07/16 at 09:22:10

[.  Wondering if there is anything better than Big Horns for Utah riding.

In a word…YES!

Big horns lack lateral control, are horrible in clay mud, below average in sand, and dig in snow. There are literally dozens of better tire choices now for Utah-type riding.

IP Logged
Flipper
Super Sponsor

I love to ride!

Allegan, Mi
Reply #144 - 11/07/16 at 11:25:35

kick start wrote on 11/07/16 at 09:22:10:

In a word…YES!

Big horns lack lateral control, are horrible in clay mud, below average in sand, and dig in snow. There are literally dozens of better tire choices now for Utah-type riding.

I really liked them on my Grizzly, but on my RZR not so much.  Might be the additional weight of the RZR.

IP Logged
kick start
Post Ho

I Love Utah!

utah
Reply #145 - 11/07/16 at 17:37:49

Flipper wrote on 11/07/16 at 11:25:35:
kick start wrote on 11/07/16 at 09:22:10:

In a word…YES!

I really liked them on my Grizzly, but on my RZR not so much.  Might be the additional weight of the RZR.

I just got to put a couple hundred miles on a Can Am Maverick 1000R with BH mounted on it and wow did I not like them even more after that!  That 1000 overshot the BH on ever corner and made me think twice about putting the throttle down full.  Would have loved to had a different tire on there.....

IP Logged
kick start
Post Ho

I Love Utah!

utah
Reply #146 - 11/07/16 at 17:43:51

Just finished putting 933 miles in five weeks on the old Prairie.  Had to drop it off at the shop this morning though.....one or a few of the darn new piston rings didn't seat right. Angry

Got to run Hell Roaring canyon twice, Hurrah pass twice, Chicken Corners once, Needles overlook once, Merrimac and Monitor Buttes once, Gemini Bridges twice, Long Canyon once, Poison Spider once, and Potash road a couple dozen times.  Life was good even though my rings weren't happy!

IP Logged
BruteForce
Super Sponsor

Garfield County, Utah
Reply #147 - 11/17/16 at 16:14:55

Holy Bionic Polaris. I got my bike back last night with the Elka Stage 4 shocks and new shoes. The squeaks are gone, and even with only 3 PSI of air, those tires are SUPER STIFF (I swear, the "kick-test" felt like there was 45-60 PSI in the tires), but only 3 PSI registered on the air pressure gauge.

I am looking forward to riding this new and improved monster this weekend.

2020 Jeep Gladiator
-Falcon Shocks
-Electronic rock sliders
WWW   IP Logged
kick start
Post Ho

I Love Utah!

utah
Reply #148 - 11/17/16 at 20:49:06

BruteForce wrote on 11/17/16 at 16:14:55:
Holy Bionic Polaris. I got my bike back last night with the Elka Stage 4 shocks and new shoes. The squeaks are gone, and even with only 3 PSI of air, those tires are SUPER STIFF (I swear, the "kick-test" felt like there was 45-60 PSI in the tires), but only 3 PSI registered on the air pressure gauge.

I am looking forward to riding this new and improved monster this weekend.

Nothing like getting an "improved" machine back from the shop. I'm looking forward to that feeling myself in the next few days. Got all the rings replaced, and added a few performance goodies while I was at it. Wink. She's gonna be a 645 pound missile that should give RockHound's 1000 Outty a run for its money! Wink Grin

Hey, by the way, you know the rules......pics or it didn't happen! Let's see those skids!

IP Logged
rockhound
Super Sponsor
Big Ride

I Love Utah!

Duchesne-South Jordan
Reply #149 - 11/18/16 at 19:28:38

Kick, Glad to here your wheeler is going to be back together so we can go ride. But if ya think you can run with that stock Outty 1000 ya better order a jet pack for you and squirt some nitrous in that 700 if ya want to get close but I think you will still be eating my dust. Make sure you where goggles! Rolling on floor laughing

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 13
Send Topic Print