Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
02/24/24 at 23:22:16

Please take a minute and fill out our Utah visitors survey.  Click here

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
We need a section for tow vehicles and RV's (Read 89 times)
3TV
Wind Bag

Southern Utah
We need a section for tow vehicles and RV's
09/13/18 at 22:37:02

It would be nice to have a section dedicated to tow vehicle questions, trailers, and RV's.

Personally, I'm looking for a good quality short bed pickup truck camper, <3100 lbs, or thereabouts.  Payload capacity of my F350 is 3960 lbs.  What brand is good?  The Lance short bed models don't accept a generator.  Host campers are all too big and heavy for a SRW truck.  What about Arctic Fox, Adventurer, Real-Lite, Eagle Cap, Palomino, Travel Lite, Wolf Creek, Cirrus, or others?

One of each
  IP Logged
BruteForce
Super Sponsor

Garfield County, Utah
Re: We need a section for tow vehicles and RV's
Reply #1 - 09/14/18 at 08:06:30

I could fill a thread all by myself on the subjects of tow vehicles and RV's. Most of my money seems to go into my truck (tow vehicle), my Toy Hauler or my ATV(s)!  Grin

Wish I could help you with the camper shell, but I know nothing about those. I could write you a novel about modifying a 43' Toy Hauler though!  Smiley

Hello, my name is: Jim

2020 Jeep Gladiator
-Falcon Shocks
-2" Lift, 37" Tires/Wheels
-Electronic rock sliders
2023 Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 (HO/EPS/Jet Black)
WWW   IP Logged
Bob

Colorado rider

Colorado
Reply #2 - 09/26/18 at 07:58:55

Here is my contribution to tow vehicles and RV's.  Wink
Multimedia file viewing and clickable links are available for registered members only!!  You need to Multimedia file viewing and clickable links are available for registered members only!!  You need to Login or Register!!
or Multimedia file viewing and clickable links are available for registered members only!!  You need to Login or Register!!
!!

2020 Kawasaki KRX 1000
2015 Polaris Sportsman 570 Touring
Kenda Bearclaw HTR's on ITP Delta Steel Wheels
Warn XT25
Iron Baltic HDPE Skid Plates
  IP Logged
ATVUtah
Administrator

ATVUtah Webmaster

YaBB Admin Land
Reply #3 - 09/26/18 at 11:36:40

3TV wrote on 09/13/18 at 22:37:02:
It would be nice to have a section dedicated to tow vehicle questions, trailers, and RV's.

Ok here ya go, enjoy

Have fun, ride safe, keepem wheels down, and see you at the Jamborees,
The ATVUtah.com Forums Team.
Multimedia file viewing and clickable links are available for registered members only!!  You need to Login or Register!!
WWW   IP Logged
BruteForce
Super Sponsor

Garfield County, Utah
Reply #4 - 09/26/18 at 11:54:11

Nice!

Hello, my name is: Jim

2020 Jeep Gladiator
-Falcon Shocks
-2" Lift, 37" Tires/Wheels
-Electronic rock sliders
2023 Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 (HO/EPS/Jet Black)
WWW   IP Logged
3TV
Wind Bag

Southern Utah
Reply #5 - 09/26/18 at 21:08:58

Thankyou!

And since this thread was about pickup truck campers to start with...
There is often a big difference between the published dry weight of a camper, and the actual weight of that camper when you go to use it.  Arctic Fox, in particular, has a Fox Value Package that they require every camper they sell to have on it.  The package is a list of options that they will not sell the camper without, and the options in the package total 598 lbs of additional weight.  This is weight that is not included in the published dry weight of the camper, because it is considered an "option".

I'll post a few links I found that have been helpful to me.  

Arctic Fox dry weight vs wet weight: Multimedia file viewing and clickable links are available for registered members only!!  You need to Login or Register!!

Lance Truck Camper dry weight vs wet weight:  Multimedia file viewing and clickable links are available for registered members only!!  You need to Login or Register!!

Big Foot Camper dry weight vs wet weight:  Multimedia file viewing and clickable links are available for registered members only!!  You need to Login or Register!!

Adventurer Camper dry weight vs wet weight:  Multimedia file viewing and clickable links are available for registered members only!!  You need to Login or Register!!

Eagle Cap dry weight vs wet weight:  Multimedia file viewing and clickable links are available for registered members only!!  You need to Login or Register!!

And so on ... They list all of the major brands.  And it is worth looking at, as there are very few campers with a wet weight that a SRW truck can carry, and still be within its GVWR limit.

One of each
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print