Send Topic Print
What are these? (Read 71 times)
Flipper
Super Sponsor

I love to ride!

Allegan, Mi
What are these?
06/04/19 at 10:18:41

Found a bunch of these in the La Sal Mountains near the Colorado border, near some old mines.  Anyone know what these are?  I'm waiting for one you to say there radioactive Rolling on floor laughing.  I'm laughing but it would be just my luck.
Multimedia file viewing and clickable links are available for registered members only!!  You need to Multimedia file viewing and clickable links are available for registered members only!!  You need to Login or Register!!
or Multimedia file viewing and clickable links are available for registered members only!!  You need to Login or Register!!
!!

IP Logged
BruteForce
Super Sponsor

Garfield County, Utah
Re: What are these?
Reply #1 - 06/04/19 at 10:31:24

Those look like drilling core samples..Assuming they're the same soil as the area you're in..

And as far as radioactive goes, you do know most of the mining in that area was for Uranium, right?  Smiley

Hello, my name is: Jim

2020 Jeep Gladiator
-Falcon Shocks
-2" Lift, 37" Tires/Wheels
-Electronic rock sliders
2023 Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 (HO/EPS/Jet Black)
WWW   IP Logged
Flipper
Super Sponsor

I love to ride!

Allegan, Mi
Reply #2 - 06/04/19 at 11:03:07

BruteForce wrote on 06/04/19 at 10:31:24:
Those look like drilling core samples..Assuming they're the same soil as the area you're in..

And as far as radioactive goes, you do know most of the mining in that area was for Uranium, right?  Smiley

Yep, did  know that.  Thanks for the information.  BTW.  Many, many  acres  were sold to private  individuals.  My goal was to  hit some great trails that I rode about 4 years ago.  Those were posted and as I was stopped reading the no trespassing sign, I was greeted by a group who said they work for the owners and they patrol for them.  Nice enough guys but I was disappointed not being able to ride those trails again.

IP Logged
BruteForce
Super Sponsor

Garfield County, Utah
Reply #3 - 06/04/19 at 12:59:13

Flipper wrote on 06/04/19 at 11:03:07:
BruteForce wrote on 06/04/19 at 10:31:24:

Yep, did  know that.  Thanks for the information.  BTW.  Many, many  acres  were sold to private  individuals.  My goal was to  hit some great trails that I rode about 4 years ago.  Those were posted and as I was stopped reading the no trespassing sign, I was greeted by a group who said they work for the owners and they patrol for them.  Nice enough guys but I was disappointed not being able to ride those trails again.

That reminds me of my favorite riding area in the Bear Lake area. Used to be some super awesome riding to be had, then I come back a year later and its 100% private property and with homes sprawling all over.. Sad

Hello, my name is: Jim

2020 Jeep Gladiator
-Falcon Shocks
-2" Lift, 37" Tires/Wheels
-Electronic rock sliders
2023 Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 (HO/EPS/Jet Black)
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print