Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Paiute Trail 336? (Read 127 times)
3TV
Wind Bag

Southern Utah
Paiute Trail 336?
09/22/21 at 14:04:35

Can someone tell me what this trail is like?  I'm thinking about riding it on Saturday.  My folks told me it was real narrow, so I'm wondering what I am getting myself into.

One of each
  IP Logged
BruteForce
Super Sponsor

South Jordan, Utah
Re: Paiute Trail 336?
Reply #1 - 09/22/21 at 19:56:59

3TV wrote on 09/22/21 at 14:04:35:
Can someone tell me what this trail is like?  I'm thinking about riding it on Saturday.  My folks told me it was real narrow, so I'm wondering what I am getting myself into.

Never heard of it. Where is it located? Want some company?

Hello, my name is: Jim

2020 Jeep Gladiator
-Falcon Shocks
-2" Lift, 37" Tires/Wheels
-Electronic rock sliders
2018 Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 (HO/EPS/Hunter Edition)
-Elka Shocks
-Vipr Tires
-Winch w/Synth
-Street LE

WWW   IP Logged
3TV
Wind Bag

Southern Utah
Reply #2 - 09/23/21 at 08:06:32

I saw the trail on my ride last Saturday.  We had camped off of the Clear Creek exit, just east of the summit on I-70 between I-15 and Hwy 89.  We were on PST 15, north of the black top, and PST 336 went west from that trail.  We were in our Defender, and with my folks in their Ranger, and I asked if they wanted to take that trail.  They said "you don't want to take that trail, when we did it it was way too narrow and rough, and we were on an ATV that time".  So, I figure if it is too narrow and rough for an ATV, it is just about right.  But I don't know anyone else that has done the trail, or anything about it otherwise.  The part of the trail I could see looked like just a regular dirt road.  I thought I would head up there Saturday with my ATV and check it out.  I would be happy to have company on the trip.  Let me know if you can go.

One of each
  IP Logged
BruteForce
Super Sponsor

South Jordan, Utah
Reply #3 - 09/23/21 at 08:24:58

3TV wrote on 09/23/21 at 08:06:32:
I saw the trail on my ride last Saturday.  We had camped off of the Clear Creek exit, just east of the summit on I-70 between I-15 and Hwy 89.  We were on PST 15, north of the black top, and PST 336 went west from that trail.  We were in our Defender, and with my folks in their Ranger, and I asked if they wanted to take that trail.  They said "you don't want to take that trail, when we did it it was way too narrow and rough, and we were on an ATV that time".  So, I figure if it is too narrow and rough for an ATV, it is just about right.  But I don't know anyone else that has done the trail, or anything about it otherwise.  The part of the trail I could see looked like just a regular dirt road.  I thought I would head up there Saturday with my ATV and check it out.  I would be happy to have company on the trip.  Let me know if you can go.

I have no plans (as of this time) for Saturday. Glad to come along. Meet up on Clear Creek Road or ??

2020 Jeep Gladiator
-Falcon Shocks
-Electronic rock sliders
-Elka Shocks
-Vipr Tires
-Winch w/Synth
-Street LE

WWW   IP Logged
3TV
Wind Bag

Southern Utah
Reply #4 - 09/23/21 at 11:02:18

Yes, at the base of the off ramp at Clear Creek road would be a good place to meet up.  Then we could drive the mile or so down Clear Creek road to where trail 15 crosses, and there is a good staging area there.

I have an appointment for a service on my Ram 3500 at 08:00 Saturday morning, which would not be finished until at least 09:00.  Then I need to drop off my Defender to the dealer for its first service.  Then I could load up the ATV on the trailer and head out, which would put me leaving Cedar at about 10:30, and arriving at Clear Creek at about noon.  That is what I had planned on anyway.  The alternative would be to just cancel the two appointments I have, which is no big deal, and leave Cedar earlier, for an earlier ride on trail 336.  I guess the choices would be meet at 09:00 vs meet at noon.  Which would you prefer?

[edit]  If I were going to check out the trail myself a late start would be ok, because I would just do a quick check of the trail.  If I have someone going with me it would be better to leave earlier and spend more time exploring the area.  Just my thoughts.

One of each
  IP Logged
BruteForce
Super Sponsor

South Jordan, Utah
Reply #5 - 09/23/21 at 12:41:35

No need to reschedule on my behalf. We could meet-up at Noon..

3TV wrote on 09/23/21 at 11:02:18:
Yes, at the base of the off ramp at Clear Creek road would be a good place to meet up.  Then we could drive the mile or so down Clear Creek road to where trail 15 crosses, and there is a good staging area there.

I have an appointment for a service on my Ram 3500 at 08:00 Saturday morning, which would not be finished until at least 09:00.  Then I need to drop off my Defender to the dealer for its first service.  Then I could load up the ATV on the trailer and head out, which would put me leaving Cedar at about 10:30, and arriving at Clear Creek at about noon.  That is what I had planned on anyway.  The alternative would be to just cancel the two appointments I have, which is no big deal, and leave Cedar earlier, for an earlier ride on trail 336.  I guess the choices would be meet at 09:00 vs meet at noon.  Which would you prefer?

[edit]  If I were going to check out the trail myself a late start would be ok, because I would just do a quick check of the trail.  If I have someone going with me it would be better to leave earlier and spend more time exploring the area.  Just my thoughts.

2020 Jeep Gladiator
-Falcon Shocks
-Electronic rock sliders
-Elka Shocks
-Vipr Tires
-Winch w/Synth
-Street LE

WWW   IP Logged
3TV
Wind Bag

Southern Utah
Reply #6 - 09/23/21 at 15:05:04

Sounds good.  I'll see you then.  Looking forward to it.

One of each
  IP Logged
Flipper
Super Sponsor

I love to ride!

Allegan, Mi
Reply #7 - 09/24/21 at 09:10:11

Someone please post your GPS track of this trail after you ride it.

IP Logged
BruteForce
Super Sponsor

South Jordan, Utah
Reply #8 - 09/25/21 at 09:05:35

The two boys from SoCal have asked to join.. as they're now staying at that new Sevier RV Park just off I-70 and HWY89..

2020 Jeep Gladiator
-Falcon Shocks
-Electronic rock sliders
-Elka Shocks
-Vipr Tires
-Winch w/Synth
-Street LE

WWW   IP Logged
BruteForce
Super Sponsor

South Jordan, Utah
Reply #9 - 09/25/21 at 18:43:14

So we rode this today, staging just off I-70 at Clear Creek Road.

There are ~3 new PST trails that used to be ONE trail named BULL VALLEY / Charlesworth Valley, PST336 (only lasts ~.25 miles) then becomes PST20 and about 5 miles later becomes PST19 into Kanosh. 50-60" trail, starts as 50" as I recall, then becomes 60".. not sure how that works, but it was narrow and super tree lined..

2020 Jeep Gladiator
-Falcon Shocks
-Electronic rock sliders
-Elka Shocks
-Vipr Tires
-Winch w/Synth
-Street LE

WWW   IP Logged
BruteForce
Super Sponsor

South Jordan, Utah
Reply #10 - 09/26/21 at 09:48:49

Here's the track..
Multimedia file viewing and clickable links are available for registered members only!!  You need to Login or Register!!

2020 Jeep Gladiator
-Falcon Shocks
-Electronic rock sliders
-Elka Shocks
-Vipr Tires
-Winch w/Synth
-Street LE

WWW   IP Logged
Flipper
Super Sponsor

I love to ride!

Allegan, Mi
Reply #11 - 09/26/21 at 17:04:36

BruteForce wrote on 09/26/21 at 09:48:49:
Here's the track..

Thank you.

IP Logged
Flipper
Super Sponsor

I love to ride!

Allegan, Mi
Reply #12 - 09/27/21 at 06:29:26

I had a suspicion that was the trail I found a couple of years ago when we rode out of Kanosh.  Enjoyed it very much.

IP Logged
BruteForce
Super Sponsor

South Jordan, Utah
Reply #13 - 09/27/21 at 07:23:28

Flipper wrote on 09/27/21 at 06:29:26:
I had a suspicion that was the trail I found a couple of years ago when we rode out of Kanosh.  Enjoyed it very much.

Its not a bad way into Kanosh to be certain.. Narrow, tree-lined and a little ledgy..

2020 Jeep Gladiator
-Falcon Shocks
-Electronic rock sliders
-Elka Shocks
-Vipr Tires
-Winch w/Synth
-Street LE

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print